For most people, regular cleaning is essential to keep their sliding doors in good condition. Depending on where you live and how often you use them, you may need to clean them more or less frequently. If you live near the ocean, for example, salt and moisture can damage the outside of your doors, so it's best to clean them once a week. For most people, try to do it at least once a month.
Use soap and water to clean the grooves. You can work in the most difficult areas with a butter knife or a toothbrush, choosing hard-to-reach areas. If your sliding door doesn't need maintenance, you could get stuck on a bad road or accumulate debris without you even realizing it. Not only can Pop-A-Lock change the keys and replace your locks, but we'll also do a security audit to make sure your house is safe, from the locks to the sliding doors to the house's outdoor lighting. If the tracks are dirty or if you have been dealing with a jammed door for some time, it would be best to remove the doors from the tracks so that you can effectively clean and lubricate the entire railing.
If you recently decided to replace your doors with a sliding patio door, here are five maintenance tips you need for sliding doors:
- Clean Regularly: Cleaning your sliding doors regularly will help keep them in good condition and prevent dirt and debris from accumulating in the tracks.
- Check for Misalignment: Make sure that your sliding door is properly aligned and that it moves smoothly along its track.
- Lubricate Tracks: Lubricating the tracks of your sliding door will help keep it running smoothly.
- Re-Varnish Wooden Frames: If your sliding door has a wooden frame, make sure to re-varnish it after the original varnish has started to wear out.
- Replace Worn-Out Rollers: If your sliding door has worn-out rollers, replace them as soon as possible.
If your doors are far from being in good condition, contact a professional to explain sliding door replacement options that offer better insulation and durability. We want to offer some routine maintenance tips that will help keep your patio's sliding doors running smoothly in Spokane Valley. Regular cleaning is essential for keeping them in good condition and preventing dirt and debris from accumulating in the tracks. Make sure that your sliding door is properly aligned and that it moves smoothly along its track. Lubricating the tracks of your sliding door will help keep it running smoothly.
If your sliding door has a wooden frame, make sure to re-varnish it after the original varnish has started to wear out. And if your sliding door has worn-out rollers, replace them as soon as possible.